Call: 01428 606616
Delivered new and first registered M8 MMD, by Maranello Sales Ltd to the first owner Mr Manzur Din of Buckinghamshire on the 25th May 2000.The list price was £173,588.63 plus delivery charges, number plates and road tax. Additionally the car was optioned with Black seat piping (PIP1) £864.00 and aluminium Grey brake callipers (CALA) £588.00.
Three years later it was purchased by 39 year old company director Mr John Mouskos of London on the 30th May 2003 ,with some 11,500 miles now covered ,from Ferrari agents ,Maranello Sales (?).
Eleven months later, on the 20th April 2004 ,it was bought by 40 year old company director ,Mr Karl Massey of Cheshire from Ferrari agents Stratstone, and sold back to them sixteen months later on the 28th September 2005 .
Purchased by the fourth registered keeper, Mr Fares Fare of London on the 25th January 2006 with 22,900 miles from dealers ,Stratstone(?)
The penultimate owner 39 year old company director Mr Venthan Thangeswaran of London, bought the car on the 28th March 2010 still with only 23,000 miles.
The last owners ,a couple from Surrey bought the car privately on the 21st September 2012 with 25,000 miles.
The 456M in GT and GTA versions represents the evolution of a model, that has always been appreciated by those wanting a four-seater Ferrari with diverse sporting ability. Continuing a Ferrari tradition of 2+2 Berlinetta, the 456M (M means Modified) represents the optimum level between the performance of a 12-cylinder Ferrari and the comfort of a GT car.
With the 456, the quality of the Pininfarina styling was so fine it would have been extremely hard to design the whole car again.
Evolution was chose to improve and refine the mechanical and aerodynamic features, while keeping the successful technical interpretation based on the V12, 442 CV front engine, coupled to a rear transmission unit.
The details needed to produce the 456M have produced aerodynamic and thermal improvements due in part to some style modifications, better comfort and more functional features of the driver’s compartment, a rationalizing of the cabin space, along with an increase in driveability performance, ergonomics and safety.
Summary table of the new technical or style features introduced on the 456M:
- Carbon fibre bonnet. The manufacturing of this part is particularly complicated, due to its large dimensions.
- The bonnet has a smooth design, without air outlets, which interrupt the aerodynamic flow.
- The front air intake is larger; fog lights are inside the intake itself.
- When seen from above, the front view is more rounded than the previous model.
- Front indicators are separate from the position lights and placed aside, in a lateral area of the bumper.
- Rear bumper with integrated spoiler, in the lower area, replacing the mobile wing of the previous model. The bumper upper profile houses a moulding, for easier opening of the rear luggage compartment.
- Side window mouldings.
- Wheels with new centre caps depicting a chromium-plated “Cavallino”.
- Seats with 5 electrical adjustments and position memory (forward-backward, up0down, lumbar adjustment, 2 seat back tilt directions).
- Rear seat comfort and passenger space have been improved.
- Added retractable central armrest.
- Installation of a multi-function display, detecting operating and emergency information and the outside temperature.
- Newly designed dashboard.
- Under-dashboard console with analogue instruments. They include clock, oil temperature and fuel level indicators.
- Sun radiation sensor.
- More ergonomic gearbox lever position.
- Transmission tunnel with cubbyhole.
- Three-spoke steering wheel.
- Document pockets behind front seats.
- New rear parcel shelf, with integrated rear brake light.
- New Hi-Fi system.
- Reduction of interior noise
Suspension & Brakes
- Suspension system with independent shock absorbers, with two-position calibration system (Normal and Sport).
- Front shock absorbers with low friction co-efficient, with software tuning, designed to get higher driving precision and comfort on uneven roads.
- Rear shock absorbers with stern speed control software.
- New anti-drive geometry to front links, to limit diving.
- Use of the ASR traction control system, with integral ABS and electronic rear braking corrector (EBC).
- Pneumatic brake booster to improve pedal feel under braking.
Engine & Gearbox
- Modified cylinder-firing order, for smoother performance.
- Larger ducts for sending air to the engine compartments.
- Use of hydraulic supports between transmission housing and frame (only GTA version).
- Stiffer transmission frame (only GTA version).
- Stiffer transmission shaft sleeve (only GTA version).
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the above details, we do not warrant that such details are accurate.
For further details or viewing please contact
Copyright Mike Wheeler 2017
“This material is protected by the laws of copyright. The owner of the copyright is Mike Wheeler. These details form part of my database, and are protected by the database rights and copyright laws. No unauthorised copying or distribution without my written permission”
Do you have an interesting Ferrari to sell?Contact Mike Wheeler